Portrait Drawing in Chalk + Charcoal
Tuesday 21st of July / 4:30pm – 7:00pm (GMT) on Zoom / Buy Tickets from £5 – £20
Learn how to create a luminous portrait in white chalk and charcoal from scratch with the process broken into easy to understand stages. Each stage will begin with a live demonstration – giving you the opportunity to ask questions as you watch me work. I will also use screen-sharing as a way to explain specific principles of drawing the portrait.
We will repeat this process, stage by stage, until you have completed your drawing.
We will then finish the session with a Q&A, giving you a chance to share with me and the rest of the class how you found the experience and ask any final questions to help you with your drawing in the future.
- The structure of the head
- Perspective and orientation
- Positioning of the features and anatomy
- Composition and lighting
- Planes of the head and tonal value
- Creating focus through selective rendering of detail
- Using your time efficiently
- Controlling tones in charcoal and chalk
Click below to reserve your spot now.
Full Workshop Pass (Tutored) – £20.00
Watch Pass (Untutored) – £5.00